Vacation/Vacant House Check
The Hamilton County Sheriff's Office (HCSO) offers the Vacant House Check Program for free to all Anderson Township residents.
If you are leaving town for a weekend or an extended period of time, the Vacant House Check program is a crime prevention tool that may be very useful in protecting your home.
Be specific when providing information as this will assist our officers when performing checks. If you have any questions, contact us.
You are required to contact the HCSO immediately upon your return to remove your name from the checklist or if your travel plans change by either e-mail or by phone: 513-474-5770.
Vacant House Check Forms submitted on the website are added to the checklist Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 4:30 PM. Forms submitted during a weekend will not be added to the checklist until the following business day.
*Property owners not preferring to submit a VHC online are asked to call District # 5 at (513) 474-5770 or do so in person (Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm – 7954 Beechmont Ave)*
Follow simple crime prevention rules while you are away to protect your home and belongings:
- place lights on timers to give the impression of the house being occupied.
- stop all newspaper and mail delivery during your absence
- ensure your windows & doors have secure locks and make sure the house is LOCKED prior to leaving town
- close and secure your garage
Thank you for participating in the Vacant House Check Program.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ONLINE FORM
* Please be advised the HCSO and Anderson Township are not assuming responsibility for your property.