- Business Neighbors getting to know each other and sharing knowledge of common interest.
- Implementing Crime Prevention techniques and strategies in Business Districts.
- Problem Solving through a partnership between Business Owners/Management and Law Enforcement.
- Outreaching to other Public and Private Agencies that can assist in Problem Solving.
Goals and Benefits
- Improved Communications.
- Greater Freedom and Security for Employees and Community.
- Revived sense of Civic Responsibility as a natural and expected member of the community.
- Healthier and Interdependent Business Communities.
- Crime Prevention Training and Programs For Businesses.
- Positive working relationship with Law Enforcement.
- Establishing an open line of Communication with Law Enforcement.
- Receiving Crime Information / Bulletins / Updates from Law Enforcement.
- Business Watch Program
- Business Security Surveys
- Breaking & Entering Prevention
- Parking Lot Security
- Business Alarms
- Preventing False Alarms
- Crime Prevention through Environmental Design
- Internal Theft Precautions
- Shoplifting Prevention
- Vandalism Prevention
- Robbery Prevention
- Bad Check Fraud
- Counterfeit Currency
- Credit Card Fraud
Business Watch and Problem Solving is a shared responsibility and connection between Law Enforcement, Business Owners / Management and the Community.
Business Watch Areas
- Beechmont Corridor
- Northern Anderson
- Anderson Towne Center
- Clough & Eight Mile
- Clough Historical
- Five Mile Center
- Salem Road
- Skytop Pavilion