Fire & Rescue

 Anderson Township’s Fire Department began as a volunteer effort in 1940 when a group of township residents banded together to meet a need in the community.

The original equipment of the department consisted of four Indian Fire Pumps of five gallons each, furnished by the Township Trustees, and two extinguishers of the water and compressed air type, donated by the volunteer firemen themselves. The members of the department used their own cars to respond to the first 108 fires from July 1940 until June 8, 1941. In 1942 the first fire station in Anderson was built near the intersection of Salem and Beechmont Avenue. 

From these humble beginnings the department, along with Anderson Township, has grown to become a career fire department with four fire stations to serve the township. All firefighters provide a wide variety of services which includes rescue, paramedic emergency medical response, fire inspections, public education and the original service, firefighting. 
 
The Anderson Township Fire and Rescue staff continues to be dedicated in providing the best service to Anderson Township in the same spirit of the founders of the original Anderson Fire Department.  

 

 

 Mark Ober  Rick Martin   
Chief

Battalion Chief

 
  Life Safety Division  
 email  email   

 

 

   Fred Buop Lisa Farrar
 

Battalion Chief

Secretary
  EMS Division  
   email   email

 


Emergency Notification Signup 

(a service provided to township residents and businesses) - Follow this link to sign up for the CodeRED emergency notification system:    

CodeRED - Keeping citizens informed.

 

 

Anderson Center  7850 Five Mile Road  Anderson Township  Ohio  45230  Phone: 513-688-8400  Fax: 513-231-2967  |  Disclaimer