The Township has several opportunities where assistance is needed, which include the following:
- Great American Cleanup – Every spring Anderson residents, community groups, and businesses gather on a Saturday in late April, from 8:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m., and help is needed to help pick up litter along Anderson roadways and beautify our community, before gathering for a picnic lunch back at Anderson Center.
- Anderson Township Farmers’ Market – Help promote local, fresh produce and vendors by assisting with Market planning Anderson Township Farmers’ Market – Help promote local, fresh produce and vendors by assisting with planning and/or operations for the Farmers’ Market, which is open each Saturday from 9:00 a.m. -1:00 p.m. beginning Memorial Day weekend and continuing through October at the Anderson Center Station.
- Anderson Township Independence Day Parade – Celebrate Hometown Pride, the annual Anderson Parade theme and celebrate the USA by participating in planning activities or parade preparation for this annual event, which is held each July 4th at 11:00 a.m. along Beechmont Avenue.
- Jack O’ Lantern Walk – The Anderson Center campus comes alive in October and help is needed to transform the campus into a celebration of fall for this annual event which attracts thousands of people of all ages from 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- The Anderson Township History Room – Anderson’s history is on display in the Township’s History Room, located in Anderson Center, and docents are needed to make this space open to the public on Tuesday evenings, and Wednesday and Sunday afternoons.
In addition to these events, the Anderson Township Park District, which is a separate organization but one that we work very closely with, has volunteer opportunities and more information can be found at: http://www.andersonparks.com/infovolunteer.html.
If you see something of interest and you’d like to discuss one or more of these in more detail, please contact Steve Sievers at 688-8400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.